Thursday, April 28, 2016

Gardening in the Stampin' Up! Rose Bed

So ~ I pulled out all of my reds and pinks and yellows and oranges and greens and started stampin' the easiest rose I have ever tried, the three stamp rose from the Picture Perfect stamp set.


And then it happened, my Blushing Bride ink pad was suddenly in two pieces. It's not as if I don't get ink all over everything as it is, and there went the ink side over the island and across a page of beautifully stamped images. 

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered a how-to on You Tube and searched for 'How To Fix a Broken Stamp Pad.'  Katherine Turner to the rescue! I chuckled at her intro: 
"if you watched my last video, you would have seen a stamp pad  fly across the table - I'm sure it's happened to a lot of other people ..."


I will have to say that it took more than once for me to reattach the two sides; I don't know what I was afraid of, the ink pad was already broken! But I stopped and started and rewound the video until I was able to successfully slide and snap the two sides back together. Enough of the pinks, onto the greens.


I did have fun with all of the color combinations, though, pulling out ink colors that haven't seen the light of day in a long while ~ remember Certainly Celery?  I stamped dozens of images and I am going to share them with my stampin' sister-in-law who guessed first and correctly where I drew the inspiration for my new blog's banner: Wynken, Blynken and Nod, a children's poem by Eugene Field.
(Another stampin' friend answered at the same time, so Judy has a treat headed her way, too.)

I was going to work with the hummingbird from the same Picture Perfect stamp set, but after my ink incident, I'll leave that for another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment