Thursday, February 18, 2021

Black and White and Red All Over

 
Breaking News
SS Newspaper Collides With 
SS Facebook Off Virginia Coast
Journalists Freezing In Lifeboats 

What's black and white and red all over?


Sadly, in my opinion, many folks would not get this joke today.
The answer is, of course, a newspaper - black and white and read all over. 

I have written for newspapers for years and this is a touchy subject, so I will stick to a couple of other black and white subjects and ideas. Like black and white photos ~ do you have any? I don't have many and most seem now to have been scanned and stored on discs. I like the deckle-like edge on older B&W photos. Partly because of their scarcity I find them sentimental.

“One is never over- or underdressed with a little black dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld   
"I have said that black has it all. White, too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” – Coco Chanel

Hmm ... what else is black and white: dominoes, zebra, chess board, crossword puzzle, Dalmations, cookies ...  AND 




Stampin' Up! True Love Designer Series Paper!


You will find this series of black and white designed paper in the Mini January - June Catalog. Its versatility is its strong suit, so to speak.  In card designs, use the paper as is, all black and white. Or color part of it, or all of it. Fussy cut images to use alone. Cut shapes from black and white or colored segments. 





The yellow peony like flowers were cut from the black and white sheet of DSP and colored with Stampin' Blends.  They create the focal point on a panel of Very Vanilla cardstock embellished with Very Vanilla Scallop Lace Trim and a tag crafted from 2 Sweetly Stitched Shapes - the same size but layered.  The panel is layered onto Daffodil Delight and then onto a Basic Black card base. 

Want a little more color?


Gorgeous Grape pairs well with black, and not just for sympathy. Again, I colored with Stampin' Blends ~  my favorite coloring tool. I discovered that Dark Purple Posey and Light Rich Razzleberry makes a terrific combo. I cut the oval from the center of the black and white piece, mounted it on a larger black scallop oval (Layering Ovals) and popped the entire piece up on dimensionals. A little bee from Dandy Garden DSP is hovering just above the shadowed happy dies, cut from Purple Posey and Gorgeous Grape. 

Don't be afraid to mix and match florals and stripes, on cards, anyway.


On the reverse side of the floral imaged papers are geometric patterns.         

This was originally designed as a Valentine, but would not have to be used as such; it would suit any love-ly occasion. Here, three patterns were used and accented with Magenta Madness.  I even got bold enough to color in some of the white stripes. 

I have to say that Magenta is just not my favorite of the InColors, or any colors, but I like it here ~ don't be afraid to experiment. I did not purchase the Magenta ribbon, so I colored the White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon with the Magenta Madness Stampin' Blend! And because all Stampin' Up! products match and coordinate, it was perfect.

You can find and order these and more perfect Stampin' Up! products easily using the catalog and/or Shop Now buttons. I am happy to help you with ideas and the materials needed to craft them. Please let me know how I can help.

Let's Stamp!


 

   







 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment