Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Someone Is In Need of A Card This Holiday

As I was stamping with a group of lovely gals yesterday I reminded them to please mail out their cards ~  to friends, associates, neighbors ...

And then in today's email I received an update from a stamper/crafter about an annual collection of holiday cards for nursing/rehab center residents. I want to pass the info along in case you should have extra cards OR in case you would like to create a few just for this cause.

Please visit www.lingshappyplace.blogspot.com and click on the 2016 Caring Hearts Card Drive. The details are all there. Cards will be accepted through November 25 ~ that should be plenty of time to make a card or two.



Do you need ideas for cards? Ideas abound in so many places; such as my card classes. Perhaps you are not close enough to attend, and if that's the case, I am happy to share with you any and all of my cards. Most ideas are not entirely original ~ I search Pinterest for many and I visit the blogs and sites of other stampers.

If you do not necessarily need a template to follow, but just need a jumping off place, check out
www.merrymondaychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com. Each week there is a prompt for a holiday card; this week's prompt is to create a card (holiday) that includes a bird. The site's artists will show you their cards for inspiration. You may join the challenge yourself and link your card to their site. Try it! You don't have to link it if you don't want, but try the challenge. Can you create a Christmas card featuring a bird? Sure you can.

Another great place to gather card design ideas? Paper Pumpkin by Stampin' Up! Although this month's design is inspired by autumn's leaves, next month's could easily be Christmas. Whatever the design, the kit usually makes six or more cards, often with pieces of leftover materials. If you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, you may purchase kit refills, if available ~ more cards!! There's more Paper Pumpkin info on my site - I even have a button for it - see it?

Create those cards - share those cards.

Let's stamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment