Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Got stamps? Postage stamps, I mean

So, why don't you want to try stamping?
I  am not creative 
I don't want to buy supplies
I don't want to store supplies
I don't have time
I  don't have anyone to send cards to
Everyone emails
And the best: Stamps cost 50 cents!

Seriously? Fifty cents would keep you from sending someone a card? Speaking just for myself,  I  am definitely worth fifty cents! 

I  will admit that there were times when I  did not have stamps in my wallet and it was a pain to go to the post office for just one stamp, and why buy a book of stamps when you only need one or two?


Seldom am I without stamps now; I  run out, but not for long.

A funny story  - I  recently went to the post office to mail a package and buy stamps. When I  asked for a book I  was simply handed a book, not asked what design  I wanted or was even shown the available designs. When I  peeled off the first stamp, the stamps were pets ~ puppy, kitty,  iguana, armadillo! I tried hard to skip over the worst pets, so sorry if you were less than thrilled with the stamp on your last card from me. I  even tried  to return them - I  was told, 'sorry, we can't exchange them; use them on your bills.'

So,  what's in your wallet? Stamps?

If you need a stamp, email me and I will send you one, a pretty one, too  - unless you want a guinea pig.

Anyway - please don't let stamps be the reason you do not make and mail cards.

And if you think you don't  have anyone to send cards to - check back here tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment