Saturday, December 17, 2016

Dazzling Diamonds Snowflakes



Let it Snow!

True confession: I do not like the black and white snowflake design in the This Christmas DSP. But at a recent card class I saw a card using the paper along with Basic Gray and Basic Black. I liked the color combination, but something was missing.

The suggestion was made to heat emboss the sentiment on the front. OK, I liked that better. 

But still ...

Then I remembered a technique I had not used in a while and decided to experiment:


If you click on this picture to enlarge it, can you see the difference in the two pieces of DSP?

The top piece is a 12 x 12 sheet right out of the package.

The bottom piece was trimmed 4 x 5 1/4. just 1/4 inch smaller than a regular card base. Before adhering it onto the card front, I stamped the entire surface with Versamark Pad and then sprinkled Heat and Stick fine embossing powder covering the sheet. After shaking off excess powder, I heated it with the heat tool.

The piece became sticky, perfect for holding the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I covered the piece with the sparkly glitter, tapped off the excess and again heated it with the heat tool.

What a difference!




I realize that it is difficult to see, but I think you can detect the sparkle. The sentiment was stamped in Real Red and then matted on both Real Red and Basic Black cardstock labels.

This one is headed out to Randall Pierce ~ great choice for a guy, I think!

And I think I'll make more, as I have leftover paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment