Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Joy to the World

Sometimes I do things a little differently, or just plain backwards. I wanted to work with the Tin of Tags Project Kit this month so I ordered it last month to have it  on time for classes and workshops.

I did not order the coordinating Tin of Tags Stamp Set, at least not at the same time.


I thought that perhaps I had plenty of holiday sentiments in stamp sets that I already have in my collection, and I do, and I still enjoy using them. 

But then I changed my mind. As I was looking through the sentiments contained in the Tin of Tags Stamp Set, I realized that several would be very fitting for use throughout the year, not just with Christmas giving but for any giving. AND they were offered as a special when the Stitched Shapes Framelits were released the first of November!

Now, as it happens, I first used the stamps on Christmas cards last week. Then just today I used them on Christmas tags,but not with the tags in the Tin of Tags Project Kit. 


This was fairly simple and very enjoyable. Above you see the final creation. Below, are the simple steps:




I used Smoky Slate to stamp the snowflake on a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock- the lovely large snowflake is included in the set. I use gray when I am looking for a silver coloring. I usually stamp first before cutting.

The sentiment was stamped in Real Red which is dark enough to show up over the snowflake. Clear photopolymer stamps make stamping over and lining up easy.

Stitched Shapes Framelits gave it a such an appealing finish.

Then, Layering Circles Framelits provided the perfect size for a base cut from Silver Foil.

I love them ~ I will be making more!


Tin of Tags:
Layering Circles Framelits:
Stitched Shapes Framelits:
Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad:
Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad:
Silver Foil:
Whisper White Card Stock:
Big Shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment