Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Color Inspiration from the Caribbean

How do you choose which colors to use on a card, or for the card base? There are so many different color combinations.

Having stamped for many years now, I often look for color and design inspiration in nature's landscapes as I travel and take photos. Hmm, does that mean I can write off my vacations as work expense...

Recently in the Caribbean I visited several botanical gardens, including an orchid garden ~ wow, some of those colors were intense.


Row after room of hanging beauties. Of course I was holding up those behind me walking through this greenhouse, but I was intent on studying the shading, thinking of our Stampin' Up! Blends. 


I love to create using white on white, but look at what just a pop of color does for this velvety white orchid. 


More color combinations from looking out of a window... 



And texture. This is a Fish Tails Palm. It resembles our new Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.

Finding color inspiration is the easy part, choosing exactly which of our colors to put together seems to take me a little longer ~ another reason why I am up all night!

Let's stamp!

1 comment: