Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Don't Hide Your Eyes From This Eclipse

I became fascinated last summer when 'eclipse' cards became the rage, or the revival of the eclipse card. I was immediately going to create a card for my youngest grandson, his name has just four letters.

Opps, I did not have the large letter framelits.

Debate with SU Self:
SU Self: You need the framelits to make the eclipse cards.
Self: They seem a little pricey.
SU Self: Is anything too expensive for your sweet grandchildren?
Self: Of course not, ridiculous question. Hmmm, COLE. ABBY. COLIN. BRADLEY - oh, way too long.
SU Self: what about words: LOVE. KISS. YOU. HELLO.
Self: Good ideas, but will I really make them; I have stamp sets I haven't used yet (don't tell anyone!).
SU Self: Well you surely won't make them if you don't have the framelits.
Self: Yeah, I do need the framelits.

Well, I did not buy them.

Then came Cole's birthday. No Large Letter Framelits. I did, however, make a cute Special Delivery Happy Birthday card using that nostalgic DSP,  happy fox  framelits and fun foam.

Well, I have done it! Ordered. Shipped. In use. For Valentine's Day.





Here are a few tips for when you break down and order the Large Letter Framelits:

* stamp the top art layer of your card, I would not cut it any smaller than 5 1/8 x 3 7/8
* leave some white area, and or lightly stamped areas
* use grid paper and a rule to line up letters, you may place the letters tightly side by side as the cutting edges are a wee bit more narrow than the top edges
* you can also use washi tape to gently secure the framelits on your card before running through the Big Shot ~consider practicing with your line up before cutting into your stamped layer
* cut several sets of the letters from card stock to stack and provide the height


* I used liquid tombow to glue letters into thick stacks of the same letter, glue stamped art letters on the top of the coordinating stacks - don't forget the middle of letters, like with the O, like I did


* gently insert stacked letters into corresponding space

So, don't you need the Large Letter Framelits?

Let's stamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment