Thursday, March 11, 2021

 Deaming in Green


I am still dreaming about my next trip to Ireland, some day in the future. I can't help it, I have had only wonderful experiences there and I can drink in that countryside all day - and the towns and cities, too, for that matter.



Twice my husband Dave and I have sailed into the port of Cobh, once named Queenstown in honor of a visit from the British Monarch Queen Victoria. And to greet us, the towering spire of Saint Colman's Cathedral. The woodwork, the tile, the stained glass windows, the pipe organ (undergoing restoration)  ~ magnificent. Construction was begun in 1868 and completed in '79 and it was concecrated in 1919.

It is fitting I think for a catherdral in a harbor to include a depiction of Jesus calming the waters.  When I visit I always lift up a prayer beneath that window for my oceanic ventures. I am sure my prayers have not been the only ones as Queenstown/Cobh was the last port of call for the HMS Titanic on her maiden voyage April 11, 1912. Titanic boarded 123 passengers in Cobh; 79 perished. 

  


Commemorating  HMS Titanic ... In special memory of the Irish emigrants and all those who lost their lives in this great tragedy.   


The Queenstown Heritage Center located at the cruise piers/train station tells the Titanic story, along with the stories of thousands of emmigrants leaving the Irish shores for the US shores and Ellis Island. Although questioned by historians, the story is told of a young Annie Moore traveling with her two brothers as the first emmigrants to leave Queenstown, arriving in New York on January 1, 1892.  A happy ending ...


May your days be blessed with happiness and safe adventures.


This little card was reworked a couple of times for you ~ it requires a wee bit of math and there was a fiesty little leprechaun stealing me hearts and playing with me stamp. 
I used a surprising combination of Pear Pizazz and Granny Apple Green colors and designs from the 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper Assortments. It takes only a bit of paper, scraps almost, to create the windmill. 
I cut 2 Pear Pizazz squares  2 7/8; 2 Whisper White squares at 2 3/4.
Layer a white on a green, twice,  and place one new square diagonally on top of the other.
Choose 2 coordinating designs of DSP and cut a 2 5/8 sqaure from each.
Cut each 2 5/8 square into fourths for 8 8 squares.
Start at top point and adhere one square, on teh diagonal, guiding it into the corner  ~
glue down only the right side.
Alternate the 7 remaining squares  - the last will slide half way under 
your first placed square.
I created the shamrocks by punching the reverse side of one of the DSP patterns 
with a heart punch (retired ~ use any die or framelit that will fit, or draw and cut).
Lucky golden gems sparkle from the middle of the shamrocks. 
I think there is still one other rework in the furture of this greeting card.

But I think I need a nice cuppa of strong Irish black tea before I continue. And maybe a little something on the side ...


Care to join me?

Don't forget, you may order any Stampin' Up! supplies right from this blog ~ 
click on Shop Now! I am also happy to order for you if you'd prefer. And I am happy to make any suggestions, should you need. 

Let's stamp!




















2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures and reading this post. Someday I would love to go to Ireland, I can only imagine how beautiful it is. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The train trip was wonderful ~ so much lovely scenery

    ReplyDelete