Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 I Am A Pearl Girl!


Do I have a little black dress?

   not at the moment, 

   (don't tell Mama)

Do I have a pearl necklace?

    but of course!

(and earrings, bracelets, ring




I was born a pearl girl. Born in the month of June, my birthstone is a pearl. Mama named me Margaret, the meaning of which is pearl. Depending on what you read, the pearl is associated with the moon. It is symbolic of hidden strength and wisdom, terribly feminine. Well, I am not sure about all that (except I am attracted to the moon and the man in the moon and moonbeams and  ...), but, there is a fellowship of several liked-minded girls that takes strenth in our friendship, and we refer to ourselves as The Pearl Girls.

So, with all of the embellishments that Stampin' Up! offers to add a little elegance, sparkle and bling to our cards, which embellishment do you suppose I reach for first?

                                    as pictured in Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, pp. 156 -157


Not hard to guess, right?  Pearls!

Find Pearl Basic Jewels in the Annual Catalog on page 156. A package contains 140 pearls in three sizes. 

Now, if you think basic is not fancy enough, you can color those white pearls with Stampin' Blends alcohol markers. Would you prefer Blushing Bride or Purple Posy? Easy. Color all over the pearl piece, pick up with the Take Your Pick Tool and place on your card.

as pictures in the 2020-2021 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog, p. 159


They are adhesived backed so will stay in place. But you'll need more than one pearl, seriously!

And if pearl is not your gem of choice, take a look at our rhinestones, gilded gems, frosted droplets ...

Shop in my 'jewelry' store that you can access directly from this blog; I am also happy to place an order for you. 

http://www.stampinup.com/shared-lists/051a9ca6-4a45-4e35-ade5-8e249333b773?;

Let's dress up those cards!  






No comments:

Post a Comment