Thursday, May 20, 2021

Grandmama, come play with me!

I have Grandmama duty for a few days with my 2 and 4 year old boys. It is sometimes hard to get these two overly excitable brothers to slow down. Although I am not complaining; they have quite an imagination and like to create play.

I have spent an hour or more being the maintenance man at Mickey's (Mouse) Campground. I have also been the emergency AAA Operator for the driver of the camper who is lost and cannot find the campground. And I have played the un-named puppy friend of the Paw Patrol Pups.

Tonight we settled down just before bath time for an art project, otherwise known as Paper Pumpkin. Thank goodness the April So Cool Kit was in reserve. 


The brilliant colors, popsicle art and stickers captured this little guy's attention immediately.  His four year old hands easily folded the cards. And he was more than adept at removing the stickers and decorating cards and envelopes.

Oddly, he ran out of stickers before cards! Imagine that. 


I am going to swipe a popsicle card to use as  an embellishment and journaling spot on a scrapbook page with these pictures. 

In fact, I am going to take two; when I get back home I'll write the boys a note telling them what fun I had visiting them. This little creative one sorrowful admitted to me, "after you visit, I am sad when you leave." Me, too, buddy.

And a little silliness before upstairs for bath:


How thankful I am to have these boys close enough to visit frequently; I know many envious grandparents. 

These two boys are just another reason I love having a Paper Pumpkin subscription. We share crafty fun. We experiment and explore with art. We  stay in touch and make memories.  AND I can help settle them down with a little special attention.

This month’s kit, which arrived while I was away, is the perfect, PERFECT, kit for my two older grandsons who play in youth baseball leagues (and granddaughter in youth softball)! 

Am I a cool Grandmama or what?!

Have you subscribed to Paper Pumpkin (it's not just for Grandmamas)? Any questions about the kits, subscribing? I am happy to answer them all. And if you are ready, you can subscribe right from my blog by clicking that orange Paper Pumpkin button. 

Let's stamp!












No comments:

Post a Comment