Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 Ain't no cure for the Summertime blues ...


Not one to wish time away, but summertime is just not my favorite time of the year. Bees around the picnic table (but horay for bees, seriously), mixed up smells of cotton candy and funnel cake and hot dogs at the carnival, sunburn...

I am not a baseball fan, nor a golf fan, at least not watching on TV. I am not even much of an Olympics fan (gasp! Is that un-American?). The older I get the less I enjoy the drama of sports - not the thrill of victory and agony of defeat drama, but all of the political drama. Enough said. Let's move on (to Autumn!) ...

I do think there is something to summertime blues, just like cabin fever and spring fever. And I think I've got it. So, how to be rid of it? 

Perhaps the best way for me is to jump right into the blue, the blue ocean. Not literally, I can't swim! I would prefer the view from an ocean liner, but that's not going to happen for me this summer, 


Strait of Messina, off the stern of Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas   


so I will take the Atlantic ocean off the coast of Virginia and North Carolina. Or the Bay, or the rivers, any water really.


Rodanthe, NC


    And one of the best features of those waters? Blue crabs! 

     just had to share this ~ beach combing and beach boys imitating their crab

But seriously, dipping those blue crabs out of the blue-ish water under sunny blue skies, or at high tide during a blue moon.

🎜Blue moon, you caught me standing alone. 🎜

Music and song! Sing along, I can't hear you and I hope you can't hear me!

🎜Song Sung Blue  *  Forever in Blue Jeans  *  Blue Suede Shoes  *  Blue Bayou      Blueberry Hill  *  Crystal Blue Persuasion 🎜

Blues Brothers, Delta Blues, Ol' Blue Eyes, Moody Blues

Blueberries! Blue Ribbon winner Blueberry pie with the Blue Plate Special, not the Blue Light Special.

Blue Angels, Wild Blue Yonder

Blue Ridge Mountains, bluegrass, blue bird, blue jay, bluebells, blue bonnets, 

Blue Bunny Ice Cream, Bleu Cheese

Blue whale, blue heron, blue fish, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Bluebeard, Blue Bloods, Blue Collar, Kelly Blue Book

and ... Balmy Blue!

 Did you think I would forget about Stampin' Up!



I am definitely a blues girl!



Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, Misty Moonlight ...



Blue Blends, blue ink, blue cardstock... what's your favorite blue?

Another great way to kick those summertime blues ~ let's stamp!


No comments:

Post a Comment