Thursday, December 2, 2021

Wait!



Hang on! Hold the phone! I haven't said 'happy' and 'thanks' yet!
Well, November was a blur; non-stop go-go-go until I hit a brick wall and then spent the last half of the month under the covers, under the weather.

And now it feels like everyone is acting as though Christmas is tomorrow. It's not! 

If you are in the throes of decorating for the holiday, wrapping presents and trying to stuff stockings, enjoy every minute! 

I have a fall wreath on my mantle along with several decorative pumpkins. The leaves in my 'woods' are still turning. We have barely finished with turkey sandwiches. So, I want just a few more days of Thanksgiving.

I want to remember the old family dinners when we squeezed around the table laden with turkey and gravy and a dozen sides scattered down the center. We passed every china bowl of goodness plus the gravy boat and bread tray. I need to be able to smell Thanksgiving, not just inhale it. 

I need to hear the chatter around the table, the clink of the crystal, the jokes that Grandmama shouldn't hear. And please be careful when you run your finger through the candle flame. 

What I don't need is to relive washing the dishes, that was the worst chore. I would rather iron the 120 inch tablecloth than rinse and wash every dish and piece of silverware used for dinner. Oh, and pots and pans. There was no double sink ...

So after remembering that horror, I can get on with the change in the season. 

Often the day after Thanksgiving was one to visit the family that did not eat at our house, cousins and aunts and uncles. Luckily it was usually a pretty day for a drive  and ramble outside - I love our mild Virginia Thanksgivings. 

I sincerely hope that you had a lovely Thanksgiving wherever you were, whatever you were eating. I am delighted that you are reading this now and that you share my Stampin' Up! world. 

I am looking forward to the Christmas holiday and all of the traditions and food and songs and flowers that say "Merry"! 

I will share some of that here with you in the next few weeks. Please keep reading.

Enjoy the upcoming holidays!

The Thanksgiving card above was happy mail I received from a sweet stampin' friend and fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. 










No comments:

Post a Comment