Thursday, July 14, 2016

You're a grand old flag

It is still July, right?
Look at what my sweet  long distance downline mailed, all the way from Washington state! She is so much more that a downline; and I  feel so lucky and loved and blessed when she signs off  'love you and miss you.' She is proudly serving in the United States Navy and all of her friends in Tidewater  are hoping she will return to us.


We started using this die cut at Valentine's and it seems to have become  one of her favorites. I  think this is a clever design! 
And I  immediately  broke out into song - no one was close enough to  hear.  But it also reminded me of all the great George M. Cohan songs, songs that we don't seem to sing often enough anymore. 
So, thanks Jess for the card and for reminding me of some of the old songs. 
Wouldn't  it be wonderful  if we would all proudly wave our flag for our country and for we Americans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment