Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Christmas is Coming, Again

Often my reaction to the Christmas holidays is "Bah, humbug." And when I begin seeing 'Christmas' displayed in stores in October, I am completely put off.

Even with stamping, I don't usually get to Christmas till Christmas. But, some of the new Stampin' Up! holiday product is now available, along with some favorite stamps set from last season.

Contemplating the schedule of classes, I ordered the new This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper. In my haste, I thought the paper was one of the great and convenient 6 X 6 paper stacks. It isn't, but it has served me well all the same. (see pages 26 & 27 in your catalog)








Included in the variety of designs is sheet music ~ can you see it, cut into an oval as a mat for the gold and the stamped holy family? There are no words printed with the musical notes, so, this paper can be used for more than just Christmas carols and holiday strains.

Musical designs beg to be used in romantic settings: Valentines, anniversary, love, birds ...







The musical score was not my favorite design in this pack. My favorites were the dark green and red patterns, which are not particularly Christmasy at all. I do have cards designed with these papers, but I think, again, these patterns will outlive the holidays.
As will the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate!
I have plans for that! (see page 31)

My bah humbug-ness will not last forever; I enjoyed stamping with the holy family and it provided an evening of peace, that which we all pray for during the holiday season, and every season.

No comments:

Post a Comment