Friday, September 30, 2016

Down, down: yellow and brown ...

I think I really do love everything about autumn ~ wait, now that I say that, I do not love hurricanes and this is when we usually get hit. I will never forget Isabel!

But enough of that. Let's think pumpkin and spice and pecans and sweaters and football and boots and scarves and apple cider and leaves!!!


I am a real sucker for anything that has leaves on it, or is in the shape of a leaf: china, cookies, jewelry, linens, decor ... and when you add pumpkins to that, and birds, well ....

But back to leaves. Stampin' Up! has gorgeous fall stamps, including Vintage Leaves (with framelits) which is what I used on this card. I have used lots of technique with this set - heat embossing, paper embossing, die cutting, sponging - and they are all fun and produce lovely effects.

I designed this particular card today for a challenge. Instructions were to use at least two of the colors allowed ( Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Pear Pizazz, Watermelon Wonder, Early Espresso and a  neutral), two layers, something from the new holiday catalog and a design that was easy to duplicate. Can you distinguish the colors and materials used?

The interesting element in working with this design was the use of ink and paper. I stamped the leaves in Real Red on Real Red cardstock, and liked it. Then I stamped the sentiment in Real Red on the Tangerine Tango, and liked it. Of course by the time I felt finished, I had leaves stamped and cut in every combo I could imagine. I liked that, too.

I used Very Vanilla for the neutral - card base and mat for leaves. For the smaller mat, I roughed up the edges with a plastic knife. So, if you think that piece is crooked or sloppy, it is intentional. On my next card I am going to tear the bottom of that vanilla mat. 

To make it easy to duplicate, I left it fairly simple in design and execution. And it will be in my upcoming classes line-up.

So, what's your favorite - or least favorite - thing about the fall?

One thing I did forget about the fall, all of my criminal shows are back on TV!

Let's stamp!


3 comments:

  1. Not sure where exactly you are but hope you escaped from any damage with Matthew. your about me brought back memories for me as here in the UK back in the 60's there was a weekly childrens comic Called Jydy and the back cover always had a doll and her outfits that you could stick the page onto cardboard and then cut her out. You generally needed a doll each time as the outfit tabs were cut depending on what activity the doll was supposed to be doing.
    Happy days! Autumn is fast approaching here.
    The leaves are just starting to turn and there is a decided nip in the air of a morning. Your leaf card is lovely with those colours used. I have just done a leaf card but can't put it on my blog yet as it is for a swap. Thankyou for visiting. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks so much for reading and visiting. Well, Hurricane Matthew did dump a day of rain on us, but we were spared the horrible flooding. Please share your leaf card when you can - would love to see it.

      Delete
    2. Hello! Thanks so much for reading and visiting. Well, Hurricane Matthew did dump a day of rain on us, but we were spared the horrible flooding. Please share your leaf card when you can - would love to see it.

      Delete