Sunday, June 4, 2017

Making progress with paper addiction

I don't usually invite folks to check out my trash can, although honestly,  my stampers always get a kick out of our can that automatically opens when you get within inches of the top!

Still, I don't encourage it.  But today,  take a look:


Those are scraps, scraps of Designer Series Paper and cardstock. Recognize any patterns? And I deliberately, but lovingly, tossed them out.

This is a big moment for me. Now it's not that I don't have any scraps left, I have two boxes of them. But I am becoming a bit more discriminatory about how much I keep. And then just this evening I saw neat posts of how demonstrators were using the leftover bits of the new colors to create most interesting cards to show off at upcoming new catalog open houses.


Ha! When I began taking stamping classes with my upline, she kept two cabinet drawers filled with scraps - one filled with DSP scraps and one with white and vanilla. When I  first opened that drawer filled with DSP scraps,  I  thought I had died and gone to Stampin' Up! heaven. I think I spent half of the afternoon rifling through those scraps, turning them over to see the reverse designs, probably drooling. And when she suggested I take some if I wanted, well... and now I have a scrap box all my own!

Meanwhile, now that Stampin' Up! has just released the new 2017 - 18 Annual Catalog along with five new InColors, I need to make some room for all the new papers, which will yield new scraps. I have not completely finished clearing and sorting and organizing  (in reality I probably never will), but I am making progress, depending on how you define progress!

Let's stamp!

Do you need a catalog, a Demonstrator, stamp classes ~ I am here for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment