Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Chatting Over Coffee

Just about the only coffee I drink is the coffee my husband brews in the morning. The coffee is really just flavoring for my sweet milk, anyway.

I am a tea drinker - all day and all night, hot or iced.

I wish Stampin' Up! realized how important tea is to me and would have a teacup or teapot stamp set like Lovely As A Tree that never retires.  Perhaps we need another Tea Party Revolution ~ tea drinkers unite!

Nonetheless, I have just ordered the Coffee Break Suite (pages 30 & 31 in the new catalog).



It's not that I don't love the stamps and framelits and ..... I Do!

I like browns,  and I think they go with so many colors. In addition to the British Burberry pink and tan combo, I  like browns and reds together and browns and blues and I like browns and black even though my stylish daughters frown at it.

The Coffee Break Suite DSP features Pear  Pizzazz and Garden Green in combination with Early Espresso,  Soft Suede and Crumb Cake ~ delicious! (Seriously,  coffee and cake!)

I also ordered the Burlap Background Stamp (page 165) - another source of texture. I have burlap ribbon, plus I ordered the new 3/8" Classic Weave Ribbon in Crumb Cake. Oh, and the Corrugated Elements. I love texture!

I am anxious now to start designing.  The tall coffee cup stamp could be an iced tea glass - add a few stripes for a vintage look, or do a little paper piecing ( remember those aluminum iced tea glasses?)


  



My youngsters grew up with Slurpees from 7-11 in times when it was fairly safe enough to walk five blocks and cross at the light. Banana flavor,  lemon lime, berry ~ add a domed lid and straw .

Truthfully, these shapes would not be hard at all to fussy cut, but I will happily use the framelits. Bundles save you 10% ~ join my team of Nite Owl Demonstrators and save 20%!

I know I will certainly use this suite in upcoming classes ~ Hot & Cold?

And I think I will also begin a Cards and Coffee event in an area coffee shop. Will you come and join me if I do ~ sip a cup of your favorite brew and craft a card or two? Stay tuned.

I know you're going to want this suite, too. I will be happy to place an order for you ~ place an order in June, my birth month,  and I will send you a free pack of Basic Pearls, my birthstone! Let me know how I can help.

And keep drinking tea!

Let's stamp!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I love my tea hot or iced with sugar of course. I would love a tea cup stamp set.

    ReplyDelete