Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Daisy, Daisy

What could be better than a combination of a perfect punch and oh-so-gorgeous Designer Series Paper? Not much, at least not in my Stampin' Up! world!

If you have read any of my posts or seen any of my cards, you know that I am addicted to paper. When I as able to preview the new designs at Stampin' Up!'s OnStage gathering for demonstrators last spring, I fell in love with the nostalgic Birthday Memories papers ~ the entire bundle ~ but it was those papers with the sweet little girl and the parade of animals!! And with thinlits that matched the characters ... I was melting in front of that display kiosk.

And then I saw the Daisy Delight Papers. Does anyone not like daisies? Perhaps it is not your favorite flower, but the sweet and simple, cheerful daisy always makes me smile.

One birthday Mama gave me a lovely little etched glass pitcher filled with daisies. I was overjoyed. Today that pitcher is filled with vintage buttons I have collected over the years.

My bridesmaids carried daisies, white and peach (101 years ago)  and the soft watercolory coral daisy design reminds me of those bouquets and the bridesmaids' printed and pleated peach floral gowns.

With such spectacular papers, cards are so easy to design; let the paper do the work!


Honestly, I owe thanks to Pinterest and friends for the above designs that I used for a recent Play Date. I believe it was the first class for which I relied on basically one stamp set ~I did add Beautiful You stamp set in there after a friend showed me how to 'dress' her with a daisy.

So since we are talking about dresses and I love paper dolls, let me show you more of the daisy dress.



I used the new Berry Burst ink and papers as the class was held just as the new catalog and InColors were arriving. Of course, use any color that you would like, or suits your needs. This is very Berry Burst with matching ribbon (1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon) and Fresh Florals DSP in berry, plus the berry Stampin' Write Marker.

I usually stamp and then cut, and layered two ovals from Whisper White and Berry Burst Card Stock.

The entire dress and hat were colored with Berry Burst. Either aqua painters or blender pens create attractive shading.

The 3D skirt was created with one stamped Berry Burst daisy on Whisper White and  punched with the new daisy punch. And here is where your seamstress skills come into play: cut apart the daisy into segments of three petals, two petals. two more petals and one left over petal.




I built my dress in layers right on top of the stamped image. My tip: take the three petal segment and place flat over girl's skirt and out stretched leg first, using your glue adhesive of choice. Then build up your skirt using the remaining petal segments.

Accessorize with diamonds or pearls at the waist.

Wink of Stella can add even more glimmer.

I added a strip of ribbon across the middle of the DSP panel and then popped up the berry oval with Stampin' Dimensionals.  And the entire panel was then layered on a Whisper White card base.

You are welcome to borrow this idea, colors and all, but play with your favorite colors and accessories ~ there are so many options!!







No comments:

Post a Comment