Saturday, May 21, 2016

Can You Smell the Salt Air?

I have unpacked all of the pre-order goodies ~ some of them are for BINGO ~ but I need to finish up some old business before I can jump into all of those new in-colors and stamp sets and ...

I meet with Demonstrator colleagues today for a team meeting, which always includes a card swap. Our directions for this swap: must use new and/or carry over product. That didn't seem too harsh until I realized that most of the Designer Series Paper does not carry over. I LOVE my paper.

Pinterest to the rescue, again.


I found a neat card at wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com. It used a lot of my favorite elements: the fabulous window frame from Hearth & Home Framelits; wood grain embossing folder; and Wetlands stamp set.

I modified the original design a bit, but kept the overall design of the card. 

I slipped in a piece of DSP Neutrals crumb cake, and the reverse for the flagged 'ribbons.'

Do you recognize the new color? Peekaboo Peach. It is the color of the base and a few of the sea oats. It is also the color of the 'sky' outside the rustic cottage's window. There's a touch of golden sun in the metallic thread wound around the greeting's banner.

Can you smell the salt air? I sure can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment