Friday, May 13, 2016

Look What Washed Up on My Shore

These starfish are easier to stamp than to find. I haven't had much luck finding starfish on the beach, or sand dollars either, now that I think about it ... but this guy is hands-down THE easiest stamp in the Picture Perfect stamp set.


Two stamps in two shades ~ that's all it takes. I put out Delightful Dijon and So Saffron for the Monday Stampers to use and it's a terrific combination. I took my cue from Cindy at Nutmeg Creations and offered up this as a sample. Does the patterned paper look familiar? It is from the 'Valentine's' Love Blossoms paper stack. Thankfully, I won an extra package at my upline's team meeting last month!

Think beach, nautical, seashore for any combination of inspiring colors that please you. 

There is no framelit for the starfish, but it is very easy to cut out, especially with the SU snips.



I offered a selection of ribbon and twine and bling and each of the stampers added her own special touch. Most of us remembered how to tie a square knot, and it's been a while since we were scouts and scout leaders!

I also used this design with the United Methodist Women at Wesley Chapel UMC in a stamping session we had last week ~ we crafted stamped cards for prison ministry. We had a delightful morning stamping and prayed that the cards will provide blessings for the senders and their recipients.

I guess you can tell, I am sold on Picture Perfect, and not just for the starfish (my original lure, no pun intended). The font and the sentiments are sweet.  I will get a lot of mileage out of this set for many occasions, for cards for guys as well as gals and for my Project Life projects. 

I hope you'll try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment