Monday, May 16, 2016

Cut, Score & Fold

Today's work was good therapy ~ I managed to measure and trim and fold with few mistakes.

I have been watching tutorials on Pinterest. Searching for favors, I found the directions for covering mini-sticky note pads with scraps of DSP.  Sandra Ronald at http://sandraartecardare.blogspot.com provided the instructional video with her lovely UK accent that had me heading to the kitchen for a cup of tea.

The pieces needed for mine were only 2 X 6. It was not hard to find plenty of paper that size for seldom do I toss scraps of paper. I also broke out the Simply Scored Scoring Tool (board) today. These covering wrappers need to be scored in 6 places; it was far easier for me to score with the stylus and the grooved board than to use the scoring blade and the Stampin'  Trimmer. 

Here is a closer look:


And why would I need a dozen sweet little clutches of sticky notes ~ to flag all the exciting new products in the new catalog!! I probably don't need all of these, so maybe my dear stampin' friends would like them? (I don't need to flag the items I want; I want them all!) 

You can also see tea bags in something of an envelope. The envelope/pouch is referred to as the 'diaper fold.' Square sheets of paper is all you need; another great use for the convenient 6 X 6 paper stacks, and you'll find some in the new catalog. 


For an upcoming tea party, I think these will be lovely. They are easy to construct, need no adhesive and a 6 X 6 square will fold up nicely to hold a tea bag, or a square of chocolate, or BOTH! I think I will add a small detail on the front - a die cut cup, a label with a sentiment, a flower ...  I  can't wait to craft these for the next baby shower ~ not that all mothers today need to master the diaper fold themselves, although it actually might be easier than swaddling.

Anytime that you are scoring and folding, use your bone folder for crisp, flat folds. It really does make a difference.

And more more item to mention: I had a plastic coil, a clear cover and a hard back added to my catalog at my close-to-home office supply store - for about $5, it allows the catalog to open flat and protects the edges from constant wear. 

I would love to give you some of these favors; please sign up for upcoming classes and events. And please use the ideas yourselves ~ make someone smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment